Studios that take the time to create a great profile are attracting the top talent in the pilates industry. Building relationships with clients AND instructors is critical to your studio’s success, and PlankeApp was created for that very purpose.
So you’ve just downloaded PlankeApp…now what? How can you use it to improve your staff management and hiring? Studios that take the time to create a great profile attract the top talent in the pilates industry. Building relationships with clients AND instructors is critical to your studio’s success, and PlankeApp was created for that very purpose.
Here are a few ways to set up your PlankeApp profile so you attract the right instructors for your studio.
- Use professional quality photos of your studio space. You can use one photo for your profile header image and add additional photos to your profile. If you have pictures of your equipment and clients, share those! Give instructors an inside look at your studio.
- Links to your social media pages (Instagram, Youtube, Spotify) and website.
- A brief description of your studio + why an instructor would want to join your team. Be specific about the environment, types of clients you serve, styles, etc. Ex: We are an established pilates studio focused on private lessons and small group classes (up to 4). Our clients come to us with varying backgrounds but many have chronic injuries that are managed through Pilates - comfort working with injured clients is a must. Our team is fun and energetic, filled with creative energy, and dedicated to providing our instructors with continuing education opportunities. We believe in mentoring, supporting, and creating opportunities for our instructors.
Make sure you include all types of fitness (Pilates, Yoga, Cycle, Barre) and class types that you offer within each of those categories. These selections will be displayed on your studio profile page for instructors to view. Instructors may also search for studios that match key words like “reformer” or “yoga” so this helps you show up in their search results.
In addition, you should list the brand names of your equipment (Balanced Body, Peak, etc.).
Once you finish setting up your profile, it’s time to post your first job. PlankeApp makes it easy with a much shorter process than most job boards. Make sure you include the following:
- Job Title (ex: Physiotherapist + Pilates Instructor)
- Your ideal candidate description. Avoid generics like 450hr comprehensively certified and instead, be specific to the type of person you want to hire - what is their character? What do they value?
- Ex: Looking for a Pilates instructor with experience teaching on all major apparatus. Our ideal instructor values continuing education, collaborative learning with their clients and enjoys developing creative programming.
- Date the job starts (and ends, if it is temporary/seasonal/sub)
- Pay range (ex: salaried, contract or hourly range)
- Days and times instructor will be working (if you have specific shifts to fill)
- Additional duties
- Job benefits
If you don’t like typing on a phone (we get it), type it on your computer first and email it to yourself so you can easily copy and paste it into the app.
Keep in mind that your PlankeApp studio profile allows you to add up to 3 locations and post multiple jobs, as well as any teacher training, retreats, or workshops that your studio is offering. Use it to promote your studio and network with hundreds of talented instructors.
Happy hiring from the PlankeApp team!